President’s Message | July 2020

Published on July 15th, 2020

Dear students and alumni,

This summer, and this year, is very different from the norm. Even still, I hope you have had time to enjoy your loved ones during these unprecedented times, albeit from a distance or through a virtual platform. I especially pray that you are all safe, healthy and well.

While our CSU team members are still primarily all working remotely, big things are happening at CSU.

Earlier this month, we announced four new degree program concentrations in order to better serve our students and the growing needs in their industries.

• Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety and Health – Construction Safety
• Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety and Health – Oil and Gas
• Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice – Forensics
• Master of Business Administration – Entrepreneurship

We have also enhanced the curriculum in our Doctor of Business Administration program. I am excited about all of these enhancements and additions to our course offerings and look forward to watching how Knights use them to achieve their goals.

The CSU Success Center has always been a great way for students to get assistance with writing, APA, comprehension and more. The dedicated writing specialists are APA experts and work to get great resources out to those who would like to utilize them. CSU has transitioned to the seventh edition of the APA Publication Manual and the Success Center has released an updated citation guide to aid in the transition. If you would like more information on the Success Center or wish to schedule an appointment with a writing specialist, email TeamSucceed@ColumbiaSouthern.edu.

With so many unknowns in the world today, I am grateful for the time to reflect and count my blessings. Today, I am especially thankful for our students, alumni and the CSU family. I encourage you to continue in your educational goals. Don’t give up. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and we will be here with you every step of the way.

Sincerely,
Ken Styron

2 Responses to President’s Message | July 2020