COMMUNICATOR
July 27, 2024
CSU President, Ken Styron

President’s Message | December 2023

It’s finally here, the most wonderful time of the year! Christmas is always a special time at CSU. One of my favorite things to do during this season is reflect on the blessings I have received and give back. After all, that’s what Christmas is all about.

As 2023 comes to a close, it’s always joyful to look back at some of the highlights from this year. Our fall commencement ceremony continues to be one of the best days of the year for myself and the rest of the CSU staff. We welcomed CSU Knights from all across the globe to receive their diplomas and celebrate their outstanding efforts. One graduate, Lurri Schoenrock, earned her third degree at CSU, a master’s degree in occupational safety and health. Meeting Lurri and hearing the story of how she overcame the tragic loss of her son was one I will never forget. Lurri now shares her journey to inspire and educate others on the importance of safety in the workplace. It is moments like this that make commencement so special and worth the wait each year.

Meeting our students and alumni is always enjoyable. In October, I traveled to New Orleans for NSC’s Safety Congress & Expo where I met many students and alumni. The CSU Alumni Association also hosted an alumni event following the convention where we had food, CSU swag and bowling! It was great to host so many alumni who serve in the safety field.

Speaking of service, members of the CSU staff volunteered for the 15th annual Turkey Takeout in our local community of Baldwin County. Employees donated canned goods and money to Anchor Point Church so they can provide meals and food items to help approximately 204 families in Baldwin County during the holiday. Giving back is the heart of our university and I am proud of the CSU staff for making a difference in our community.

I hope you all enjoy your time off this holiday season and spend it with the ones you love. Here at CSU, we will close our offices in order to do the same. CSU offices will be closed Dec. 25-27 in observance of the Christmas holidays and Jan.1 to prepare for the New Year.

As a new year approaches, please let us know If we can be of any assistance to you. Wishing you all a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Dr. Ken Styron

Disclaimer: These testimonials may not reflect the experience of all CSU students.
Multiple factors, including prior experience, geography, and degree field, affect career outcomes.
CSU does not guarantee a job, promotion, salary increase, eligibility for a position, or other career growth.

Share