COMMUNICATOR
March 28, 2024

Looking Forward to Fall at CSU

Dear students and alumni,

As fall gets into gear and the holidays are in sight, I often reflect on the wonderful year that 2018 has been. I learn new things every day and meet people who challenge and inspire me, many of whom are Knights like yourself. For this I am so thankful.

October is an electric time at Columbia Southern University because of Commencement. Preparations are underway to welcome our 781 graduates and their families to Orange Beach and celebrate their accomplishments. Everyone on campus loves meeting our graduates. Over the years, I have witnessed thousands of graduates cross the stage, proudly beaming at their families. I feel blessed to be a part of this tradition now as president.

The newest edition of the CSU Alumni Magazine will be released during this year’s Commencement. This particular edition is special because it commemorates CSU’s 25th anniversary. Each previous edition of the magazine has featured one exceptional alumnus as the cover story; this one features 25. I hope you find their stories as remarkable and inspiring as I have. You will read stories of triumph, perseverance and passion—virtues that have guided our university for 25 years and still hold true today.

It is hard to believe the holidays are right around the corner. This Thanksgiving, CSU is partnering with Seville Quarter in Pensacola, Florida, to serve a holiday meal to active duty service members and their families. I am looking forward to serving and getting to know these men and women in our community who sacrifice so much.

I am proud to introduce a new television show that I think many of you will find inspiring and enlightening. Moving Forward is a 30-minute weekly show hosted by CSU’s co-founder Chantell Cooley. The show features guests from diverse backgrounds with powerful experiences from the worlds of business and ministry. Chantell does a wonderful job mentoring and motivating people through this show. In addition to Moving Forward, Chantell is also teaching a continuing education course at CSU titled Servant Leadership. I encourage you to check it out.

On a personal note, last month I was able to travel to Indiana University for the National Order of the Arrow Conference with the Woa Cholena Lodge for which I serve as the lodge adviser. The theme of the leadership conference was “decide your destiny” and it was an enlightening time for myself as well as the young leaders of tomorrow who were in attendance.

Throughout my years of involvement with the Boy Scouts of America, I have learned great lessons that can be applied to many aspects of my life. One of those lessons is applying leadership to your everyday life. For Scouts to advance in rank, they must exemplify qualities like leadership and preparedness to their peers. My hope is to do the same.

Thank you for being a part of the CSU family. We wouldn’t be where we are without each of you.

Sincerely,

Ken Styron

Disclaimer: These testimonials may not reflect the experience of all CSU students.
Multiple factors, including prior experience, geography, and degree field, affect career outcomes.
CSU does not guarantee a job, promotion, salary increase, eligibility for a position, or other career growth.

Share