March 28, 2024

Alumna Hayleigh Barlar Secures Safe, Healthy Environment for Gulf Coast Residents

Gulf Coast native Hayleigh Barlar is passionate about safety and sustainability. As an environmental scientist, Barlar spends her days focusing on best practices for keeping her colleagues, and the Gulf Coast region, as safe as possible.

In her spare time, she volunteers for several environmental organizations, including Partners for Environmental Progress and the Alabama Chapter of the Air and Waste Management Association. She was named volunteer of the year for Partners for Environmental Progress in 2013.

“With my current job, I have made it a priority to understand and enhance safety, workforce development, productivity and quality standards to improve industrial performance across the central Gulf region,” said Barlar. “I gained the knowledge, expertise and confidence to excel both personally and professionally in all aspects of my life. Through my experience at CSU, I have become a valued partner and mentor to others around me.”

Barlar earned her master’s in occupational safety and health with a concentration in environmental management. According to her, the ability to earn a degree while working in the field makes CSU stand out among the crowd.

“This is a great way to essentially earn while you learn. Because the classes are online, you can still work a full-time job while attending school. You can also complete the courses at your own pace, which means you can finish the courses quicker…” she said. “I believe in CSU and their programs 100 percent.”

Barlar is the associate director of the Central Gulf Industrial Alliance in Mobile, Alabama.

One Comment