April 30, 2024
CSU Knights in the News

Knights in the News | December 2023

Rebecca Ramirez
California Governor, Gavin Newsome, has reappointed Rebecca Ramirez to the State 9-1-1 Advisory Board, where she has served since 2021. Ramirez has served as Interim Fire Chief for the Rodeo-Hercules Fire Protection District since 2023. Ramirez is a member of the International Association of Fire Chiefs and California Fire Chiefs Association. She earned a bachelor’s degree in fire administration from Columbia Southern University.

Wesley Hardin
Georgia College & State University welcomed Wesley Hardin as its new director of public safety and chief of police. “I’m very excited to be joining the GCSU family,” Hardin said. “I feel truly blessed to be able to come home, to continue doing what I love and do it at GSCU.” He received a master’s degree in public administration at CSU.

Robert Laba
Southwestern Vermont Medical Center has hired Robert Laba as their next CFO. “I look forward to continuing to build upon the strong financial foundation that already exists here at SVMC. It’s an honor to join the SVMC leadership team,” he said. Laba earned his MBA focusing on health care administration at CSU in 2023.

Marty Ferrell
Marietta Police Chief Marty Ferrell is retiring after 30 years of service. He joined the police department in 1990. While at the MPD, Ferrell has served in roles in the police department’s investigative, uniform patrol and support services divisions. “Words cannot express my appreciation for this city and the citizens I have had the honor of serving nor can I fully explain how deeply I care about the men and women of the Marietta Police Department,” he said. “I’m looking forward to the next chapter of life with a new opportunity in the private sector and will always be grateful for the time I have had with Marietta Police Department.” He is a 2009 CSU graduate with a master’s in criminal justice administration.

Darrell Hunter
Keiser University recently recognized City of Delray Beach Assistant Police Chief Darrell Hunter as one of its first Choice Award honorees. Hunter began his career with the City of Delray Beach Police Department in 2007 and was promoted to the rank of sergeant in 2014, lieutenant in 2017, captain in 2020 and assistant chief in 2021. He earned a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice administration from CSU in 2015.

Multiple factors, including prior experience, geography and degree field, affect career outcomes. CSU does not guarantee a job, promotion, salary increase, eligibility for a position, or other career growth.

This testimonial may not reflect the typical or ordinary experience of CSU students.