April 20, 2024

How Rhonda Allen Found Her Voice at CSU

Rhonda Allen, a mother and founder of Sista’s Moving Forward from Baltimore, Maryland, began her education journey after being out of school since the 1980’s. Although she worked in the same organization for more than 30 years, Rhonda was told by her supervisors that she would need a degree to be considered for a promotion. Rhonda found Columbia Southern University and submitted her application a week later. Now, Rhonda holds an associate, bachelor’s and master’s degree from CSU.

“Education has really made me grow as a person,” she said. “The confidence came from CSU, because CSU helped me believe in myself.”

Rhonda’s achievements made their way back to her job as her boss reassured her that she not only has a seat at the table now, but a voice.

“School matters, and I am worthy of this degree,” she said. “I did that. Me, Rhonda from Baltimore, I did that, and it means everything.”

Watch Rhonda’s story to see how she found her voice at Columbia Southern University.

One Comment

1. Allen H Thurston

The article about the Library reminded me that When I participated in both the OSH degree and Masters program I found the people working in the Library were there to help the student in any way they could.
    It certainly made the student life of a mature student much easier to navigate.
    Cudos to you there now and those there before you. I graduated in 2005 but have never forgotten the Librarians who were available at all hours including weekends.
    Than you
    Al