April 26, 2024
CSU Knights in the News

Knights in the News | December 2022

Michael Gentry
Michael Gentry was recently featured in the Southeast Missourian for his work as a firefighter and EMT with Jackson Fire Rescue. “I’ve wanted to be a first responder since age 17 when I joined the volunteer service, progressing through the ranks at Gordonville, and it dawned on me over time that I can do more and serve more,” said Gentry. He is a 2018 CSU graduate.

Kristin Weivoda
Kristin Weivoda has been named chief of emergency services for Yolo County. She has been working with the county since 2013. She worked as a firefighter and flight paramedic before joining the county. “I look forward to serving the residents of Yolo County, our cities, the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation and our local jurisdictions in my new role as chief of emergency services,” she said. She is a 2016 CSU graduate.

Kari-Jo Koshes
Kari-Jo Koshes has been recognized in the Business Observer’s 2022 40 Under 40 selections. She works as the director of stores and fulfillment for JMX Brands. “I appreciate the opportunities for growth and leadership skills that JMX Brands has made possible for me.” She earned her MBA and DBA from CSU.

J.D. Carter
J.D. Carter of the Jones County Sheriff’s Department was named the Leader-Call/Hellfighters USA Law Enforcement Officer of the Year for 2022. “This means more than words can express,” Carter said. “I really do appreciate it.” Carter earned his bachelor’s degree in environmental management at CSU in 2022.

Paul Hasenmeier
Hernando County has named Paul Hasenmeier the new Hernando County Director of Public Safety and Fire Chief. He is a lead faculty member at Columbia Southern University where he teaches courses in the fire administration program. In addition, he holds an associate and bachelor’s degree in fire science from CSU.

Tyler Christopherson
Tyler Christopherson has been promoted to Fire Chief, the Roseburg Fire Department. He joined the fire department in 2006 and has earned titles such as firefighter, driver/engineer, lieutenant, battalion chief and most recently assistant chief of operations. He is a 2019 CSU graduate.

Josh Hoops
Josh Hoops was named vice president of data centers at CAI, a global consulting company. “I am humbled to lead CAI’s data center business into the future. We have an amazing team of experienced professionals who will continue to support our clients to drive Operational Readiness in data centers around the globe,” he said. Josh earned his MBA at CSU in 2009.

Mike Loychik
Mike Loychik recently won the Ohio 65th Congressional District Race. He will be serving his second term. He is a veteran who served in the Air Force for eight years. He earned his bachelor’s degree in environmental management at CSU.

Tabah Nez
Tabah Nez was recently announced as The American Concrete Pumping Association’s first dedicated safety director. Nez brings 23 years of experience to this position. “I look forward to using my knowledge and experience to help shape a world-class safety resource for the concrete pumping industry,” said Nez. He earned a bachelor’s degree in occupational safety and health from CSU.

Daniel Chavous
The Hendersonville Fire Department has welcomed Daniel Chavous as their newest deputy chief of operations. He has previously served through the ranks as a firefighter, assistant engineer, engineer, captain and battalion chief. “I’m honored to be in a position to help others on our team develop and grow personally and professionally,” said Chavous. He is a 2015 CSU graduate.