April 29, 2024

Take 5 With CSU Military Studies Professor Diena Mosely

Diena Mosley is an adjunct professor for the College of Military Studies and Leadership, one of the newest degree programs at Columbia Southern University. A 28-year Air Force veteran, Diena focuses on the foundations of military logistics and is also a course writer for civil military relations.

We asked her to share more about herself and what she loves most about her career:

1. What do you enjoy most about your job as a professor? I love seeing students succeed. The sense of accomplishment they obtain goes a long way for me.
  2. What advice can you give to students who are pursuing their degree in military studies? Seize the opportunity to be different and still marketable. The military will always be rich in history, therefore your degree will remain relevant for years to come. Go get it!
  3. Can you tell us about your time in the Air Force? I had a great career with duties spanning from health care administration to technical school instructor to senior executive leader at the Pentagon on the Headquarters Air Force staff. I deployed to Afghanistan and spent 28 years leading airmen all across the world. I had the opportunity to lead hundreds of teams, create professional development programs, train medical administration clerks and support enlisted force structure programs impacting over 600,000 total force personnel.
  4. What are you excited for students to learn considering the military studies program launched this year? My expectation is that our students gain knowledge they can also apply in their daily duties. I want them to be excited about the military courses we offer and provide us with feedback so that we can continue to perfect the curriculum.
  5. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? I enjoy traveling! I return from one vacation to plan the next! However, when not on the road, I certainly enjoy spending time with family and learning new DIY ideas.

To learn more about CSU’s College of Military Studies and Leadership, visit our website.