April 29, 2024

Take 5 With CSU Evaluator Ashley Brewton

Ashley Brewton just celebrated eight years with Columbia Southern University. In her role as an evaluator in the registrar’s office, she reviews student transcripts and certificates for potential transfer credit.

We asked her to share more about herself and what she loves most about her career:

1. What do you enjoy most about your job? Every evaluation I work on is like a puzzle. I like trying to figure out how to put the pieces together so that I am maximizing transfer credit for our prospects and students.
  2. As a former CSU student, what program did you study and why? I chose the bachelor’s degree in human resource management because I am passionate about serving the people who work hard for their organization and help make it a success. Employees should always be considered to be the most valuable asset that an organization has, and HR professionals are here to make sure that employees are treated fairly.
  3. Can you tell us about your time as a CSU student? I enjoyed working on my degree at CSU. I learned how to best manage my time so I was always able to get all of my course work done and still be able to spend time with my family. I even worked on an assignment when I was in labor with my son!
  4. What advice can you give to students who are pursuing their degree? Set aside time where you are not disturbed to work on your courses. Break it into small sessions so that you don’t feel overwhelmed.
  5. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? I love spending time with my family and riding my horse.

To read more “Take 5” stories, visit Features – The Columbia Southern University Communicator.