COMMUNICATOR
April 26, 2024

Knights in the News | December 2021

Astrid Gonzalez Parilla
Astrid Gonzalez Parrilla OTD, MBA, FACHE, has joined Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network as senior vice president, clinical operations. Gonzalez Parrilla, a native of Puerto Rico, earned her MBA with CSU in 2011.

Gary McCullough
The city of North Bend, Oregon, has named Gary McCullough as its interim police chief. He began his career in law enforcement in 1993 and served in the United States Navy. He graduated from CSU with an associate degree in criminal justice.

Laurie Sharp
Laurie Sharp has joined the Tennessee State Fire Service and Codes Enforcement Academy (TFACA) as a codes enforcement instructor supervisor. A resident of Kingsport, Tennessee, Sharp will lead TFACA’s instructors in helping train and teach future generations of inspectors. “My career in the fire service and codes enforcement has fully prepared me to lead the academy’s codes enforcement program and help develop a training curriculum that will result in highly trained fire and building codes professionals who can help ensure Tennessee residents can live and work in safety,” said Sharp. She is currently pursuing her bachelor’s in fire administration at CSU.

Mike Moore
Mike Moore, the Garrison’s director of safety and risk management, is looking to educate the people of Redstone Arsenal for severe weather awareness preparation. An occupational safety and health graduate of CSU, Moore has completed more than 50 courses about safety and occupational hazards.

Vincent Beckman
Seaman Vincent Beckman recently graduated from Recruit Training Command, the Navy’s only bootcamp. “Joining the Navy, I felt could take my family and I on adventures and challenges that some wish they could be on, and because of that I will thank the Navy every day for giving me the chance they did,” said Beckman. He is a 2020 CSU graduate with a bachelor’s in business administration.

Disclaimer: These testimonials may not reflect the experience of all CSU students.
Multiple factors, including prior experience, geography, and degree field, affect career outcomes.
CSU does not guarantee a job, promotion, salary increase, eligibility for a position, or other career growth.

Share