April 25, 2024

Take 5 With Military Outreach Representative Ryan Meurer

In honor of Military Appreciation Month, CSU is proud to recognize our military outreach representatives. These representatives have not only spent time in the service in some capacity, but continue to serve our military students and alumni. Ryan Meurer plays a key part in connecting prospective students to CSU by providing information specific to future active duty and veteran military students such as military tuition, benefits and scholarships.

We asked Ryan to share more about himself and what he loves most about his career:

1. Can you tell me about your role as a military outreach representative? I have the privilege of connecting with military members, veterans and their families and informing them of the educational opportunities available at CSU. The majority of the time, the connection is first established at a career fair, education fair or a conference, but I’ve even met some students at an airport layover, a restaurant waiting area or whenever the opportunity presents itself.
  2. What do you enjoy most about your job? Still having a connection with the military after retiring and knowing that I am helping service members better themselves personally and professionally.
  3. What is your favorite CSU memory or moment? Coming across soldiers I have served with while traveling and representing CSU.
  4. Can you share a little about your time in the service?  I served on active duty in the United States Army from July 1992 until September 2022. I served the majority of my career in the special operations command before closing out my service with assignments at the Pentagon, in Hawaii and in Fort Hood, Texas.
  5. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?  I enjoy watching Major League Baseball, but my number one passion is fishing for largemouth bass in my kayak.

To learn more about CSU’s benefits for military students, veterans and their families, visit ColumbiaSouthern.edu/Military.