April 20, 2024

August 2022 Scholarship Roundup

Adam Edwards
Adam Edwards of St. Peters, Missouri, was recently named the recipient of the 2022 CSU Knight Scholarship. He currently works as an events manager for CCA Global Partners.

“Putting on events has given me a sense of purpose I didn’t know was possible in a job,” he said. “Once I realized this was the career I wanted, I researched education for it. I joined the Meeting Professionals International in 2019, and joined their board of directors in 2021. I got my Certified Meeting Professional a few years back when I realized this was what I wanted to do. However, that certification will only take you so far, and now it’s time to put the education behind the work.”

With this scholarship, Edwards is pursuing his bachelor’s degree in business administration with a concentration in hospitality and tourism.

“I’m looking to become a director and then hopefully a vice president, but you can’t climb that high without a degree,” he said. “Hopefully in five years I will be running my own division as the vice president of events with a bachelor’s degree under my belt and a new knowledge base to pull from with the education I receive at Columbia Southern University.”