CSU and Waldorf alumni, students, faculty, staff and their families and friends are invited to travel to and experience classical Italy from June 5-15, 2014 as part of a special tour.
Classical Italy is famous for its culture, people, food, and magnificent art and architecture. The tour will visit cities and areas that exemplify all that has made Italy one of the world’s most desirable travel destinations.
Cities and areas to be visited include:
- Venice, the most unique and romantic city in the world where you will travel by boat, take an optional Gondola ride, and explore the world famous St. Mark’s, Doge’s Palace; and Rialto Bridge;
- Verona, famous for its Roman Coliseum and “Romeo and Juliet” balcony;
- Lake Garda where you will have dinner from a mountain overlooking the lake, a boat ride to the lake villages, a wine and food tasting, and a visit to an Italian home for an afternoon dessert and drink with the family;
- Florence, the birthplace of the Renaissance with its beautiful Duomo, Baptistry and Old Bridge and many museums;
- Cinque Terre, the five very colorful and beautiful villages built on a rocky landscape along the Mediterranean Sea;
- Pisa and its famous leaning tower;
- Mediterranean beaches where we will stop and have lunch overlooking the gorgeouos sea;
- Rome and its Vatican, the Vatican museums, beautiful fountains, Coliseum and many other famous attractions.
The tour will depart from JFK Airport on June 5 and arrive in Venice in the morning of June 6. However, tour participants can depart from other airports and meet the group in Venice.
The tour then departs Rome on June 15 and returns to the U.S. later that same day. The cost of the tour per person, double occupancy, including airfare from New York is $3,899. The cost without airfare is $2,199. Included in the cost of this tour are: nine nights of accommodations at four star hotels; luxury bus transportation; two meals (breakfast and dinner) daily and one lunch along the Mediterranean; guided tours; boat rides; wine cellar visit; entrance fees; an evening party with music and much, much more. A $800 deposit is due by Jan. 15, 2014 and all additional fees must be paid by April 1, 2014.
Joe Manjone, past president of Waldorf and former CSU provost, will be one of the tour leaders. He has lived and worked in Italy and has been taking groups there for more than 30 years. Claudia Zeni, a professional Italian travel and tour director, will be other tour leader. Both have partnered in the past in the offering of Italian travel programs, and together, have conducted more than 20 tours to Italy and other European countries.
For more information on the CSU/Waldorf Italian tour and an application form, contact Manjone at 251-213-0908 or by email at Joe@columbiasouthern.edu
With famed architecture, sumptuous foods, magnificent venues and ancient landmarks, you can enjoy Italy as part of a tour for Columbia Southern University and Waldorf College alumni and staff.
The “Classical Italy” tour runs from June 5-15, 2014 with departure from JFK International in New York. From there, you will arrive in Venice as you begin your tour of this scenic nation. Several destinations include Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre and the Vatican State.
One of the guides of this tour is Dr. Joe Manjone, past president of Waldorf and former CSU provost. He brings a wealth of experience as he has conducted numerous tours of Italy while serving as the director of educational travel at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. Claudia Zeni, an Italian travel and tour director, will be assisting you and others during this exciting, 10-day excursion.
- $3,899 double occupancy from New York
- Prices from other departure cities upon request
- For single room occupancy, add $600
- An $800 deposit is due by Jan. 15, 2014 and the balance due by April 1, 2014.
*Price is based on an exchange rate of .77 Euro = $1.00, on current local taxes and a 21% Vat in effect at the moment. The final price of the tour may change if any of these rates change.