Columbia Southern University (CSU) is proud to award two scholarships to members of the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC). Each scholarship will cover up to $13,200 in one online degree program. The scholarship will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition for up to three years or until the completion of the selected online degree program, whichever comes first.
Scholarship winners must begin their coursework within 90 days of the date of the award. They will be required to maintain a 2.0 GPA for an undergraduate degree and a 3.0 GPA for a graduate degree, remain in good standing with both CSU and the NVFC throughout his or her degree program and remain enrolled in the degree program.
Eligibility and Requirements
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a member of the NVFC. Membership benefits and instructions to join can be found on the NVFC website.
- Complete the CSU/NVFC scholarship application.
- Submit a 500-word essay on a predetermined prompt
- Provide at least one letter of recommendation
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED) and be able to provide transcript.
- Be able to begin his or her coursework within 90 days of the date of the award.
- Maintain a 2.0 undergraduate GPA or 3.0 graduate GPA.
- Remain in good standing with CSU throughout his or her degree program and maintain continuous enrollment in the CSU degree program.
- Current CSU students must already meet these requirements to be considered.
The scholarship will be open from June 30, 2017 to September 15, 2017. An NVFC scholarship committee will select the winners; winners will be announced in October 2017.
Students may find out more information on this scholarship opportunity or apply on the CSU website. For additional questions, please email the scholarship liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-785-3006.
Leave a Reply