- 3 pound corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 10 small red potatoes
- 5 carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 large head of cabbage, cut in small wedges
- Optional: parsnip, onion
- Optional: 6 ounces of Guiness added to water
- Place corned beef in large pot and cover with water. Add spice packet. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer for 50 minutes per pound (or until tender).
- Add potatoes (whole or cut), carrots, onion, and parsnip until vegetables are almost tender. Add cabbage and cook for 15 minutes. Remove meat and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice meat across the grain and serve hot.