The Continuing Education Department at Columbia Southern University is proud to offer online continuing education fire courses. These courses serve primarily as certification examination prep courses.
Currently, the courses offered include Incident Safety Officer, Health & Safety Officer, Fire Officer I & Fire Officer II. The cost per course is $295, textbooks included. All courses are entirely online and students have up to 10 weeks to complete them at their own pace.
CSU has partnered with Alabama Fire College (AFC) to provide Fire Officer I & Fire Officer II certification examinations. Students are eligible to take these exams:
- Upon completion of the continuing education course to include a passing grade of 70 percent or higher.
- Upon payment of a $95 exam fee. This exam fee is not included in the cost of the online prep course.
- Within one year from completion of the continuing education course.
Additionally, students must also meet the specified prerequisites to be eligible. Prerequisites are:
- An IFSAC or ProBoard Fire Fighter II & Fire Instructor I for Fire Officer I
- An IFSAC or ProBoard Fire Officer I & Fire Instructor I for Fire Officer II
The certification exams for Incident Safety Officer and Health & Safety Officer are provided at an additional fee through a partnership between CSU and the Fire Department of Safety Officers Association (FDSOA).
- No week-long in-class project requirements, a rarity for most Fire Officer Certification exams
- No travel costs
- No lodging costs
- Courses are taken at students’ pace, during flexible hours
- No need to take off of work
- Students who have completed the course will have the opportunity to earn *transfer credit. All online fire continuing education Fire Continuing Education courses have been approved for college level credit in the amount of three semester hours toward electives.
- Upon passing the Alabama Fire College certification exam, students will be presented with an International Fire Safety Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) and ProBoard approved certificate, a highly sought-after industry certification.
For more information about these courses or to enroll, please visit ColumbiaSouthern.edu/FireCEU. Continuing education courses are not eligible for Federal Student Aid, military tuition assistance, VA funding or Learning Partner discounts.
*Transfer of credit is not guaranteed and will depend on degree program requirements, as well as other academic credit submitted for evaluation. Transfer policies and guidelines, set by our accrediting agency and the institution, will determine final transfer decisions. Submission of the certificate of completion is required for evaluation.
Leave a Reply