Columbia Southern University (CSU) is excited to announce an enhancement that will be made to the current enrollment process for existing students enrolled in graduate programs. The new “Auto Enrollment” feature will allow students to be routinely enrolled into courses outlined on their Degree Advisement Plan. By utilizing this new feature, the need to complete and submit the online enrollment agreement will be eliminated! The process will be seamless. Please note: normal processing times, as well as payment and enrollment requirements, will still apply.
Below, you will find some FAQ’s about the Auto Enrollment feature that will hopefully answer some of the questions you may have:
- What is Auto Enrollment?
- Auto Enrollment is a system generated enrollment form, created on behalf of the student. It uses information from the Degree Advisement Plan (DAP) to select the course(s). This enrollment is subject to normal processing times, as well as payment and enrollment requirements.
- Who is eligible to utilize Auto Enrollment?
- Auto Enrollment is currently available to existing graduate students only.
- Auto Enrollment is available for students enrolled in Term, LifePace Learning, and Veterans Flexible Enrollment using any funding source.
- Are all graduate students automatically signed up for Auto Enrollment?
- No, only students who opt-in to Auto Enrollment will have an enrollment automatically generated for their next course(s).
- What is the purpose of Auto Enrollment?
- The purpose of Auto Enrollment is to provide a more simple method of enrollment for those students who prefer to maintain a continuous enrollment plan, without extended breaks between courses.
- What will Auto Enrollment require of me?
- Auto Enrollment will require you to stay in close contact with your academic advisor. Since your Auto Enrollment is based off of your Degree Advisement Plan, it will be necessary to ensure that your Degree Advisement Plan is set up with courses that work best for you and your schedule.
- When will the Auto Enrollment be created?
- For students enrolled in the Term or Veterans Flexible Enrollment options, a new enrollment will be submitted for processing in the fourth week of each term.
- For students enrolled in the LifePace Learning option, a new enrollment will be submitted for processing the day after the grade posts for the student’s current course.
- Will the Auto Enrollment be processed right away?
- No, students will receive an email confirmation as normal when an enrollment is generated. The student will have the option to reject or accept the enrollment within five (5) days. If the enrollment is not rejected within this time frame, it will be submitted for processing.
- By accepting the enrollment, it will be submitted for processing sooner. This will make a difference in start time for students enrolled in the LifePace Learning option ONLY.
- All students, especially those enrolled in the Term option using Federal Student Aid, should be aware that submitting the enrollment for processing does not indicate that the enrollment will be processed immediately. The enrollment will still be subject to normal processing times and additional enrollment requirements.
- What happens if I reject the Auto Enrollment that has been generated?
- If the student rejects the Auto Enrollment, the student will be opted out of Auto Enrollment and must opt back in at a later time.
- The student can submit a new enrollment for the same time period or can contact their assigned academic advisor or a student support specialist to submit an enrollment by phone. At either point, the student can opt back in to Auto Enrollment.
- Can I change my Auto Enrollment without rejecting it?
- Yes, you can only change the enrollment by contacting a representative at CSU such as your academic advisor, a student services specialist, or an enrollment processor.
- If you reject the Auto Enrollment, you will be opted out of Auto Enrollment and will have to opt back in.
- What happens if my Degree Advisement Plan is not updated and I am opted in to Auto Enrollment?
- If Auto Enrollment attempts to generate an enrollment on your behalf, and you do not have an up-to-date Degree Advisement Plan on file, your academic advisor will receive an alert to contact you regarding your enrollment.
- Can my Auto Enrollment be processed without my consent?
- Each time an Auto Enrollment is generated on your behalf, you will receive a confirmation email.
- You will have five (5) days to “reject” that enrollment. If you do not “reject” the enrollment within five (5) days, your enrollment will be submitted for processing. You have passively consented to that enrollment.
- By opting into Auto Enrollment, you have agreed to this processing time.
- If your enrollment is processed, you can elect to drop your course(s) before the start date.
- When will Auto Enrollment begin?
- Auto Enrollment will be available for all graduate students on September 23, 2015.
- Registration for Term 3A16 begins on September 23, 2015. Term 3A16 begins on September 9, 2015. This is the first term that Auto Enrollment will be available.
- LifePace Learning students will be able to opt in to Auto Enrollment beginning on September 23, 2015 as well. Once their current course is complete, they will be auto enrolled into their next course if they are opted in.
- How can I elect to utilize the Auto Enrollment option?
- Log into the myCSU Student Portal, click on “My Account,” “My Preferences,” “Auto Enrollment Options”
- Select the Auto Enrollment option when submitting an online enrollment within the myCSU Student Portal
- Your academic advisor or a student support specialist can assist you with selecting this option
CSU plans to introduce this feature to all other degree levels in the upcoming months. Communication will be sent out at that time with further information.
Please reach out to your academic advisor if you have any questions regarding this exciting enhancement!
Leave a Reply