The heat of summer is upon us, bringing with it cool dips in the pool, a swing in the hammock, and great BBQ get-togethers with friends and family. For us, the best times with loved ones are the times that involve a delicious spread of our favorite foods. This is why, all summer long, we will be sharing with you some great recipes to add to your arsenal!
For all you grill smiths out there, this one is for you. Sure to be a hit among even the pickiest of eaters, our apple BBQ baby back ribs will quickly become your go-to for all of your cook-outs and backyard parties.
Apple BBQ Baby Back Ribs
- 4 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 4 cups applesauce
- 4 pounds baby back pork ribs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Applewood chips or chunks for grill
- Mix BBQ sauce and applesauce and set aside. Place ribs on aluminum foil and rub with salt, pepper, cayenne, and garlic powder. Pour BBQ mixture over ribs and then seal with aluminum foil.
- Let marinate in refrigerator overnight, or at least 8 hours.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Place ribs in foil on grill and cook 1 hour. Remove ribs from foil and place directly on grill to cook an additional 30 minutes, basting frequently with sauce.
- Serve with a smile and lots of napkins!
We would love to know what you think! Let us know how the recipe turned out in the comments or snap a photo on social media using the hashtag #CSUBBQ and you will be entered to win some CSU summertime swag!