CSU is upgrading Blackboard to a student-centered, more modern and user-friendly version which we believe will improve students’ educational experience.
Some of the most exciting new features you will see are:
- MyBlackboard: A new user experience in Blackboard that consolidates critical information from all courses. The new tools in My Blackboard – posts, updates, and MyGrades – were developed to meet your needs. Students can easily see grades at any moment and stay up-to-date on conversations and notifications from courses.
- New global navigation menu: Always present in the top right corner, the new navigation menu is the entry point to MyBlackboard and also provides one-click access to courses, settings, and Blackboard help. The new menu will show how many items in MyBlackboard are new or need attention.
- Additional enhancements: Apart from aesthetic changes, students will now have the ability to copy and paste text from a Microsoft Word document without the format of the text changing.
This upgrade will take place on May 8, 2013 and is estimated to conclude on May 10, 2013. During this time, students will be unable to access course(s) in Blackboard. Students can check on the status of the upgrade by accessing the IT Operations page. Also, bear the following in mind during this upgrade:
- Per-course students: A course adjustment will be granted, at no charge, for all active courses that are open during the Blackboard upgrade. CSU will automatically post the adjustment to the end date. Students may check their adjusted course end dates in the myCSU Student Portal.
- Term students: Students are encouraged to contact their faculty members should they need additional time to submit course assignments for the units that are affected by the upgrade. Please note that students have the option to access course assignments one week in advance.
If you have questions or concerns about these upcoming changes, please contact your Student Services representative at 877-323-4471.
Leave a Reply