During the Christmas and New Year’s Day holiday time, CSU will be closed Dec. 24 through Dec. 26 and will re-open at 8 a.m. CST on Dec.27. In addition, CSU will be open on Dec. 31, but closed on Jan. 1. CSU will re-open at 8 a.m. Jan. 2. Student requests, including email and voicemail, will be attended to upon our return. All outstanding assignments submitted during this time frame will be graded by Jan. 7 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
Please Note: On Monday, December 31, 2012, the hours of operation will be from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CST.
Suggested Submission Deadlines for the Holiday Schedule
The following submission deadlines are provided as a guideline to ensure your request is processed before holiday closures. Requests submitted after the published deadlines may not be processed until offices re-open.
- Per-Course/Open Enrollment: Students who wish to begin a course during the holiday break should have their enrollment submitted by close of business on Dec. 13.
- Term Enrollment: Refer to the academic calendar for scheduled deadlines.
- Per-Course/Open Enrollment: Students wishing to have a subjective assignment graded before the scheduled break should submit the assignment on or before Dec. 17. Students may continue to submit assignments; however, assignments submitted after the deadline will be graded after the scheduled break.
- Term Enrollment: Students in Term 3A13 have a scheduled break from Dec. 19 to Jan. 1, 2013; during this time, classes are not in session. Classes will resume on Jan. 2, 2013, as Units VI and VII will be available in Blackboard. Students in Term 3B13 have a scheduled break from Dec. 19 to Jan. 1, 2013; during this time, classes are not in session. Classes will resume on Jan. 2, 2013 as Units III and IV will be available in Blackboard.
Students who would like to submit a writing or math assignment to the Success Center must do so by close of business Dec. 19. The Success Center will resume all duties on Dec. 27. This also applies to Career Services.
Please note final exam requests must be made by Dec. 17.
- Per-Course/Open Enrollment: A courtesy 14-day Course Adjustment will be granted, at no charge, for all active courses that are open during the Christmas and New Year’s holiday break. CSU will automatically post the adjustment to the end of the course; therefore, please do not submit a request.
- Students may check their adjusted course end dates in the myCSU Student Portal after Dec. 18.
- Students enrolled in term courses have a scheduled break; therefore, no automatic adjustment will be granted. No coursework is due during this time; however, students may elect to continue with their coursework. Please refer to the academic calendar for further information.
During the scheduled break, maintenance may occur on one or more CSU systems. Please refer to the following website to review the status of any ongoing maintenance that may occur during the scheduled break: www.columbiasouthern.info