Effective November 14, 2012, the Course Extension Policy for Per-Course Programs will be revised. The new policy is located below:
Incomplete Course Policy – Per-Course Programs
Students requesting additional time, in excess of the prescribed enrollment period, to successfully complete coursework may apply for an Incomplete. Requests for an Incomplete should be the exception during a student’s tenure; academic progress throughout coursework is expected and promotes student success. Should circumstances prevent regular, on-time course completion, within the enrollment period, students have the option to request an Incomplete or withdraw from the course. Academic and financial consequences should be noted when withdrawing from a course beyond the first week of the enrollment period. Before submitting the withdrawal request, students are advised to review the Course Drop/Withdrawal Policy; in addition, academic advisement should be sought.
The following are important facts concerning an Incomplete:
- An Incomplete may be granted in accordance with the following matrix:
|Additional Time Allotment||Qualification||Fee|
|15 Days||75% of course requirements complete||$25|
|30 Days||50% of course requirements complete||$50|
|60 Days||Attendance in the course has been demonstrated||$100|
- Students approved for an Incomplete forfeit the option to withdraw from the course.
- Students are required to formally request an Incomplete through submittal of the Incomplete Course Request form.
- Students cannot re-submit assignments previously submitted without professor approval; please review the Assignment Make-up Policy.
- A course grade of “I” will be assigned and may affect future course enrollments. Academic advisement should be sought to discuss course load.
- Assignments not completed at the conclusion of the course will be assigned a grade of zero (0); the final course grade is calculated utilizing the weighted score assigned to each course assignment, as indicated in the course syllabus.
- Fees associated with an Incomplete are non-refundable.
The following qualifications have been established to request an Incomplete:
- Successful course progress, identified in the incomplete course matrix, at the time of the request, is required.
- The request for an Incomplete is to be submitted prior to the original course end date.
Students who meet qualification criteria may submit a request through the myCSU Student Portal. Students are expected to set realistic goals and timelines to complete outstanding course assignments. The approval process may take up to seventy-two (72) business hours. Students will be notified of the status of the request via email; the correspondence will denote approval or denial. Students who do not meet qualifications for an incomplete, due to an extenuating life circumstance, may choose to review the Incomplete for Special Circumstances policy.